A Learning Process VIII: Orientation
Cross the border, into the big bad world
Now it takes you 'bout an hour,
Just to cross the road
Just to stumble across another poor old soul from
The dreary old lanes to the high-street madness
I fight with my brain to believe the sights
Cause it's harder to think now, to believe this monotonous sadness
That creeps up my spine and haunts me through the night
So where did the days go? When all we did was play
And the stress that we were under wasn't stressful at all
It was just a run and a skip and a jump into a harmless fall,
And now I find myself marching by a high-rise to a landmark square,
I see millions of people with millions of cares,
Everybody flirts to get to their ideal place
Their efforts to pretend that they've got some space
Now I struggle to find my way home
I look at these people and they are busy sitting there alone
Life is weary, but God is good
Suddenly the air smells much greener now
However I still find myself wandering 'round
Still searching for that change that I've lost somehow
These streets have too many names for me
I'm too used to Glenfield's roads and spending my time down with the trees
But I guess I'll get used to this eventually
I know this, I know...

<< Home